The news about the unfortunate death of a female lawyer, Bolanle Raheem, hit social media early on Monday morning, a day after Christmas.
Raheem’s unfortunate demise occured on Sunday, Christmas Day, after a policeman, identified as ASP Drambi Vandi, shot at her car in the Ajah area of Lagos State. According to reports gathered by The Punch, Raheem, her sister, and four children were coming from an eatery in their car around 11am when the cop tried to stop them.
Raheem was trying to make a U-turn under the Ajah Bridge when the cop shot at her vehicle. The bullet was said to have hit the victim and she was immediately rushed to a hospital afterwards, where she was confirmed dead.
Below are seven things to know about the dead lawyer:
- Raheem, a Christian, had May 29 as her birth date.
- She was married to Gbenga Raheem and they had children together
- She had her secondary school education in Holy Child College in Ikoyi, Lagos State.
- She also attended Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago Iwoye in Ogun State and studied at the Nigerian Law School in Enugu State.
- She was a property lawyer and a member of the Nigeria Bar Association, Lagos chapter.
- Raheem was an award-winning realtor, a real estate consultant, business coach and developer.
- She was the Chief Executive Officer of Croston Homes and Co-founder City Building, a real estate and property development company.
The police have since condemned Raheem’s killing and the state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Benjamin Hundeyin, via a tweet on Monday described the incident as unfortunate and avoidable. He revealed that the said policeman and his team members had been arrested and the case transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department.
Similarly, the Inspector General of Police, Usman Baba, has condemned the killing and has ordered a speedy investigation and prosecution of all police officers involved.
The Nigerian Bar Association has also said it would ensure that justice is served in the case of Raheem, adding that the case would be monitored closely by the association to ensure justice is served.
For news, advertisements and events coverage…07036688365